Table of Contents
Get Professional Mold removal, testing, detection & remediation in Toronto GTA. Know how to get rid of mold in your bathroom, bedroom & other places at home from mold removal specialists. Get educated and keep your home mold free.
Do you know that, mold control, detection and its timely removal from your home or business property can be crucial, since mould fungi can spread so quickly. Mold is a fungus and can start growing as soon as a spore attaches itself to a surface.
The Ultimate Mold Crew Inc. offers best mold removal in Toronto, our highly skilled and certified IICRC mold removal specialists provide efficient and effective mold testing. We ensure eliminating all the dangerous spores and the root cause of it, starting from buildings to homes and other precious possessions. We also sometimes refer to third-party experts such as hygienists and inspectors to double-check the environment’s cleanliness. This helps us provide permanent control of no future conflicts, ensuring you and your loved one’s safety.
With our 10 years of experience and top rated mold removal services in Toronto you get the best facilities from small to large mold remediation projects, grow ops and mold in attics we take care of everything. Our licensed team focuses on the entire building, our aim is to fully end mold from your area so that you and your family can enjoy life at its fullest. Our team makes sure our customers are satisfied and guaranteed quality work.
⭐ Common Types Of Mold
At Ultimate Mold Crew, we’re often called in to remove black mold in the bathroom – it’s one of the most common places that mold grows indoors, but many homeowners don’t understand why or know how they can make simple changes to their home and habits that can help reduce the likelihood it will grow.
Mold spores [Ref: Wikipedia.org] travel indoors on clothing, shopping bags, and even on pets. They also weave their way into a house through windows and leaky roofs. Once the invisible spores settle on a wet surface, they can begin to reproduce within 24 to 48 hours. Researchers have identified over 100,000 different strains of mold, but they all fall into one or more of three categories.
- Allergenic: This means that they can trigger allergic reactions and asthma attacks in people with allergies and cause mild allergic symptoms in those without allergies.
- Pathogens: These mold usually only cause symptoms in people with immune system disorders or in those who have or have suffered from a serious illness.
- Toxigenic: These types of molds are the most dangerous and can cause serious health problems, even in healthy people.
Lets know more about some common types of mold [Ref: Wikipedia.org] or fungi seen in household properties in Toronto, GTA areas.
- Aspergillus is commonly found on foods and in home air conditioning systems. It is common in many homes and is likely to grow on any wet surface, but is difficult to identify as there are over 180 strains of Aspergillus and many are different colors. Most strains of this allergenic mold are harmless, but a few can cause serious illness or lead to a fungal infection known as aspergillosis in people with weak immune systems. Since testing is the only way to determine if the type of mold in your home is Aspergillus, your best bet is to clean up all types of mold as soon as you spot them.
- Cladosporium is typically a black or green “pepper like” substance that grows on the back of toilets, painted surfaces and fiberglass air ducts.
- Fusarium – It thrives and spreads even in temperatures near zero. Fusarium strains can appear almost anywhere. Fusarium likes to grow in soft textiles, such as carpet, upholstery, wallpaper, and draperies, and it often appears as pinkish or reddish spots. Frequent cleaning with a vacuum equipped with a HEPA filter will reduce the risk of Fusarium settling in your home.
- Penicillium – Strain of Penicillium mold is both allergenic and pathogenic. It produces spores that can trigger allergy-like symptoms such as sinusitis, difficulty breathing, and episodes of asthma. In people with immune system disorders, symptoms can be more severe and lead to chronic health problems. This bluish-green fluffy mold is often found in homes that have experienced flooding or other types of water damage, and it needs constant humidity to thrive. Once Penicillium has spread throughout the house, professional mold treatment is recommended.
- Trichoderma – Small raised spots of white and olive-green mold growing in damp areas, such as near a leaky window or around a shower, can indicate Trichoderma mold. This type of allergenic mold grows quickly in damp places. Trichoderma in a home can cause coughing, sneezing, and bronchial infections.
Mold [Ref: cdc.gov] that appears to be orange or red in color is typically found outdoors, given its nature to thrive on decaying plants or moist wood. This type of mold, can appear slimy, is harmless and should only be removed for aesthetic purposes.
Commonly referred to as “black mold” for its greenish-black color, Stachybotrys is a toxic mold that thrives in humid conditions and is most commonly found on cellulose-like materials, such as wood, drywall or even piles of leaves. wet. It starts with small black spots that get bigger and spread.
Stachybotrys is a dangerous mold that can cause a host of physical symptoms, including severe headaches, unexplained nosebleeds, upper respiratory discomfort, and fatigue. It could also cause bleeding in the lungs of infants. If a family member is showing symptoms and you are concerned your home may be infested with black mold, call our mold decontamination experts who can test for mold and determine the best way to get rid of it.
It is crucial to prevent the growth of mold at early stages to avoid any health issues and inconvenience and a mold remediation professional can easily do this. Lets talk about indoor mold growth at home and other important aspects of mold removal.
⭐ Mold growth in home
- Mold in Attic – [Also read – What Is The Cost of Attic Mold Removal in Toronto ]
- Mold in Bathrooms
- Mold in Basements
- Mold Around windows and doors
- Mold in Cold Room/Cold Storage
- Mold in your Crawlspaces
- Mold in Kitchen
- Mold in Bedroom
- Drywall Mold
- Plaster Mold
- Ceiling Mold
- Mold in Concrete
- Mold in Foundation
- Near sinks and drains
- Behind appliances like washing machines and fridges
Research & Studies – WHO Guidelines for Indoor Air Quality: Dampness and Mould
⭐ Mold health problems
Mold growth can be tricky to spot by the health problems it causes, because they can often resemble the common cold or flu, which makes it difficult to differentiate between the two during the winter months. Common reactions to mold spores include:
- Itchy eyes
- Nasal congestion
If you experience any symptoms like these, paying close attention can help you determine whether or not you may need a mold remediation in Toronto.
Do your symptoms disappear when you leave a particular room? When you go to work do they alleviate, and do they worsen when you return home?
Mold can easily grow out of sight behind walls or behind heavy furniture, making it difficult to see. The symptoms it causes may be the only sign that there’s a problem.
⭐ Causes Of Mold
As mentioned major factor responsible for bathroom mold is the level of humidity which increases to higher degree when you take shower. But is this the only cause? No.
There are many other causes associated as poor ventilation. As while showering the doors are usually closed. This raps all the moisture-laden steam produced because of hot shower. With almost negligible air flow during the shower, moisture attached itself to the celling and floor of the bathroom providing a gateway to mold growth.
- Bathrooms are the wettest areas of the house, except the basement, perhaps. Even if you ventilate the bathroom the dampness penetrates to the sink, showers, even toilets giving way to the mold to grow.
- Another cause of mold growth is, deteriorating caulk. As grout starts cracking, moist air finds its way easily to the cracks, sides and back of the tiles. Using paint as a source of food, and the darkness behind the tiles becomes the new home to moisture earlier and mold later.
⭐ Getting Rid Of Mold in your Bathroom?
The most obvious reason you may need to remove black mold in the bathroom is moisture and humidity. Naturally, because of bathing and showering, the bathroom is a place in your home with lots of opportunity for water and moisture to go where it isn’t welcome and to linger and cause trouble.
If wet surfaces or puddles aren’t dried out quickly, they can lead to mold growth – the same goes for rooms without adequate ventilation, since humid air can travel and settle in places that water usually doesn’t reach.
All this repeated moisture can help create the ideal conditions for mold growth in your bathroom. The main ingredient for mold growth is some sort of water – an organic material and stable temperature give both food and ideal growing conditions. As you can imagine, the bathroom is full of these three necessary ingredients, making it a prime location for mold growth.
Cleanliness is imperative but it doesn’t give you the guarantee that mold won’t grow in your bathroom. It’s obviously because of high humidity. As level of humidity is the only responsible factor for growth of mold in the bathroom so the best way to prevent the growth of mold in the bathroom is by controlling the level of humidity in the bathroom.
⭐ Common Spots For Bathroom Mold Inspection
- Blocked bathroom drains: Does your shower or sink drain slowly? Is it constantly clogged or create lingering puddles in the basin? If this sounds like your home, this standing or persistent water might be the reason there is mold growing in your bathroom. If you have a big problem with hair or other things blocking up the drain, there are inexpensive plastic and wire drain catchers that can help prevent things from making it in there. Chemical washes and other products available at home improvement stores can help dissolve detritus already in the drain, but they’re not the best for the environment – cleaning out the P or S trap under your sink can help, or having a professional plumber in to ensure there aren’t bigger problems can also make a big difference.
- Excessive humidity: Do you have a fan in your bathroom? Make sure your fan is on and running when you’re having a shower or a bath – it can have a huge effect on the humidity levels in your bathroom and in your home by sucking that super moist air out before it can condense on surfaces and potentially aid in mold growth. It’s also important to make sure that fan exhausts out of your house and not directly into the attic – and a little yearly maintenance to prevent dust buildup and irritating squeaks will go a long way.
- Dirt and soap scum: Nobody wants a dirty bathroom, but hospital-level cleanliness isn’t always achievable either. Making sure that dirt, dust, and soap scum are regularly cleaned away can also help prevent mold growth, since these three materials can be all the food mold needs to grow. Make sure you pay attention to all the places in your bathroom – give your shower curtain a wash, look to hard-to-reach corners and underneath the sink too.
- Leaks and drips: This is the most frequent reason we are called to remove black mold in the bathroom! A leaky pipe, persistent water drip from the corner of the shower, or sweating toilet reservoir are all ways that leaks and drips may be present in your bathroom. Keep an eye out in these important places to catch any problems early.
- Caulks and tiles,
- sink, toilet,
- bathroom window,
- ceilings, walls,
- bathroom robes
- The bottom edge of the shower curtain
- Underneath cupboards
- Between the toilet reservoir and the wall
- Along tiles, grout, and shower doors
- In corners and along baseboards
Also Read – How To Find Mold Hidden In Your Home – 5 To Look For
⭐ How To Keep Your Bathroom Mold Free?
Mold resistant bathroom can be created by dealing with the issue of ventilation and controlling the level of humidity in the bathroom. This can be done by using dehumidifiers. It’s also possible if one might find a way to get rid of excess water by evaporators and thoroughly cleaning the bathroom tub and sink. This can also be done by taking proper care of bathtubs, and everything that is involved in the showering process.
The key to protecting your bathroom from mold is to keep everything dry. Paying close attention to the shower curtains, mats and other cloth pieces. It is important to take care of grouts in the bathroom to prevent mold growth. It is important to consult the professionals to create mold resistant bathrooms.
⭐ DIY Mold Removal Process
Are you considering for professional mold removal in Toronto, if you want to remove black mold in the bathroom, many people’s first thought is to go the DIY route. There are many websites, blogs, and home improvement sites with suggestions, tips, and other information on removing mold with bleach, vinegar, baking soda, household cleaners, and other products. The bad news is they’re nearly all ineffective, can spread or increase your mold problem, and don’t address the root of the situation.
Having a Checklist at hand and proper planning is critical to the success of your do it yourself mold removal process. There are many chemicals that are readily available in the market and can help kill mold in your home. To help you out we have updated a mold inspection checklist here which can help you go through the elaborate process of mold inspection and removal easily.
The DIY approach may save you some money initially, but in the long run it leads to bigger problems and increasingly aggressive products to try and get the situation under control. The biggest problem with DIY bathroom mould removal approaches is that it’s frighteningly easy to inadvertently spread the mold to other areas of the room or your home. Reusing sponges is the most obvious problem, but mold is motivated to survive – spores may hitch a ride on your clothes, shoes, bottles, and as you enter and exit the room.
Removing bathroom mold promptly is so important because it causes adverse health effects and can cause serious long and short term harm. Scrubbing away at a moldy spot can release more of the harmful mycotoxins into the air, harming you and anyone else present.
The last reason we never recommend trying to remove mold on your own is that none of the popular DIY removal methods actually work – they’re either too weak to kill the mold, or so toxic they might hurt you or damage your home, while not really harming the mold at all. Bleach is a common household chemical that is more dangerous than most people know – and totally ineffectual at doing more than injuring the surface layer of mold growth.
Hiring an inspector with extensive experience is an important step ahead. You must find one who is well aware of how mold removal works , how to identify various types of mold and their presence in your home, as well as what causes mold growth.
⭐ How To Identify Mold In Your Home
In-Depth Inspection is a must. This helps to identify the possible areas of concern, where moisture or water may enter the property. Knowing what to look for is the first step in identifying mold, if you want to remove mold yourself.
- The first is through a visual identification.
- A Detailed visual inspections inside key areas & air quality tests and reporting will give you the total picture when it comes to mold.
- While we’ve all had an unfortunate run in with the kind of mold that grows on lunches forgotten in backpacks, household mold can appear very differently. It can resemble a stain or it can be fuzzy; it can be coloured black, white, or green – or even red or blue.
- Household mold can also be found in many different textures, appearing furry or slick. If you can see mold, it may only be the tip of a much larger problem, and you should call a mold removal professional near you immediately.
The other way to identify mold in your home is by the effects it causes.
- Mold allergies can strike even the most resilient of people who’ve never taken a sick day or who suffer no other allergies.
- Mold reproduces by creating airborne spores, and these spores lodge in our respiratory tract, eyes, and nose, and cause cause a great deal of irritation and illness.
Steps for Mold Detection & Removal At Home
Deep scrubbing of soap and water is the your most effective method to remove mold.
You must use a stiff brush on porous surfaces. This is the best way to scrub and disinfect the area by ensuring deep penetration.
Controlling and removing the moisture can also help prevent future outbreaks of mold since the spores can lie dormant until conditions for reproduction become ideal.
Regular air quality testing is essential to maintain your own desired level of air quality for healthy living. The fungus can take hold and grow in many different areas of the home.
The excess wetness turns into humidity and increases the possibility of mold. It makes sense to frequently check and maintain the humidity in your basement.
You can use Hygrometers to gauge and maintain humidity below 50%.
In case you find out that mold presence is causing changes in your health or lifestyle, then, hiring a professional mold inspection expert is your next best step. Trusting the right team for taking care of your your mold issues Is very important.
A detailed air quality test by professionals is the surest way to determine if mold exists in your home. Dark spaces and surfaces like wooden attics basements, drywall and even fabrics are ideal spots for mold development.
When To Get Mold Removal In Toronto?
- Any time you spot mold growth or need to remove black mold in the bathroom, it’s best to have a professional come and assess the problem. Not only will they be able to quickly and efficiently locate the problem (which may be behind walls or baseboards as well as what’s visible), but they’ll be able to offer suggestions to reduce the cause behind the mold growth.
Addressing that root cause is the single most important thing you can do to prevent mold from recurring, and after a safe and thorough mold detection and remediation in Toronto & GTA region, making necessary changes to your home or habits will ensure you never need to call for help.
Also Read – How To Find Best Mold Removal Company in Toronto
Hiring a professional mold removal expert in Toronto with experience is the best way to ensure all mold is removed from your bathroom, bedroom , attic, window sills and your home property is restored to a healthy standard. A fully trained inspector will know exactly where to look for mold, repair the causes of the fungus and provide detailed air quality tests confirming removal. A Professional mold removal company in Toronto will have fully trained persons, proper equipment and human safe chemicals to get the removal and damage restoration job done thoroughly and completely to your satisfaction.
What is the cost of mold removal?
- Affected area – it depends on which area of your home is contaminated. Is it a Drywall, Wood, Concrete, Carpet, Flooring, Attic, Bathroom, Basement, Bedrooms, Kitchen, Cold Room / Cold Storage etc.
- Method used to remove the affected area:
- Size of affected area – Is it Several square foot 10’s of square feet, 100’s of square feet or 1000’s of square feet.
- Expected time to remove mold – 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days
How Can We Help?
We offer professional and comprehensive mold removal and mold remediation service that can help you get rid of mold spores that plague your property. With a thorough inspection, our mold removal experts will discover any type of mold that may be located on your walls, cells, floors and determine the extent of the infestation.
We remove mold in your home across southern Ontario, and have been one of the leading mold cleaning companies in the GTA for a decade. This brings with it experienced, confident teams, friendly and knowledgeable service, and, most importantly, a safe and thorough removal.
We’re Canadian owned and operated and have been at the forefront of safe and non-toxic mold removal and remediation for years, pioneering the use of a natural chemical wash that thoroughly removes all traces of mold spores and roots.
- Carrying out a proper mold and mildew inspection requires the right tools and equipment. A simple dust mask is insufficient to combat black mold since under no circumstances should you come into physical contact with it.
- We have a team of specialists with expertise in mold removal who will clean and disinfect the affected area before receiving our seal of approval.
- We have multiple test methods, where we analyze samples and send them to specialized laboratories to obtain effective results and have a better perspective on how to combat fungi.
Call us today at any time of the day or night at 647-985-2739 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.We follow the standards and guidelines of the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification), the National Association of Mold Professionals (NAMP), and the IAQA when it comes to mold remediation, as well as being involved with the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors.
- Cleaning with a natural substance:
- Safe on Electrical System: This versatile process cleans heavy build-up without damaging sensitive areas like electrical components, switches, wiring, photoelectric sensors, and more.
- A complete and deeper cleaning:
- No harm: Quickly removes most contaminants without damaging switches, panels, lines, tubes, cables or belts, HVAC equipment and is safe to use on electricity.
The Ultimate Mold Crew Inc - Toronto Mold Removal
|Monday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Sunday||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|