Attic Mold Removal Toronto
Attic Mold Removal Toronto
Need to get rid of mold in your attic? Mold is a sort of growth that is framed through a couple of key factors including dampness, a surface to develop on, and an absence of air ventilation. The most daunting challenge faced by home owners is of the mold attic. Mainly because home owners are not aware of mold at the earlier stage and they only come to know of if when the situation gets worse. Attics are often considered an ideal area for mold growth mainly due to its limited usage. Home owners usually find about attic mold growth only through an insulation installer or a home inspector, else its not until when people set out their property for sale that they know of the ongoing mold activity in attic. It might possibly repel a potential buyer, therefore it is important for households to have their attics checked regularly. Our dexterous team would not only remove the mold in your attic but would permanently plug the source of contamination whilst providing clearance certificates, which would save you from future trouble.
Common causes of Attic Mold
Increase in moisture content remains the primary reason behind mold development. This could happen because of damaged piping, however ventilation issues in attic could also cause condensation which could lead to mold development. In case of attic, mold usually triggers wood rot, which in turn could damage your walls. Mold grows rapidly and needs to be dealt in time before causing lots of damage.
Each house is purpose-built according to the requirements of the owner, however once the property moves from one household to another, it undergoes rapid changes. These adjustments often include installation of bathroom exhausts or insulation upgradation, both have a drastic impact on attic as these increase the moisture content in attic, thereby proffering perfect conditions for mold growth. This is precisely why you need Toronto Attic Mold Removal Company and if you are looking for top of the line service, at market competitive rates, then you’ve already at the right place.
WE OFFER FREE MOLD INSPECTIONS FOR ATTICS. CALL US TODAY 647-985-2739
Attic Mold Removal Cost In Toronto
You must be wondering that, How much does it cost to remove mold from the attic? The cost of attic mold removal in Toronto entirely depends on the dimensions of your attic. The current market rate for removing attic mold in Toronto is around $3.5-$4 per square foot. However, the amount of mold and the current degradation are also important cost determinants. If the mold growth is at the initial stage you’d have to pay less, and on the flip side if the mold has been growing since some time you would have to pay a large amount. Henceforth, it is suggested that as soon as you come to know of attic mold, you immediately contact an attic removal company and fix the situation, as delay would not only degrade your roof but getting rid of it would also cost you more. We offer free mold inspections, so that our customers can take timely and informed decisions. Moreover, we also offer transferable guarantee to the property which serves as an assurance for new buyers that the mold would not come back.
Which is the most efficient way of removing mold from attic?
You must be thinking that , Can I remove mold from attic myself? There are various techniques which could be used to get rid of attic mold, but mold is dangerous and its removal needs expertise and proper mold removal equipment & products.
- A big indicator of the mold are the raised shingles. If you happen to observe raised shingles then these are a clear sign that somewhere in your space, mold has started spreading its tentacles. Usually the place is attic, as it is mostly unused and hence the closed space invites dampness which leads to mold growth.
- Roof leaks are the number one reason behind mold growth. A rooftop spill is a certain method to promise that you will have to face the mold issue. Look out for discoloration at roof, especially near joints, as these are the most vulnerable points of the roof. If you come across as any discoloration, you should repair or swap the piece immediately even a slight delay could cause problems.
- Any holes in the attic should be plugged carefully, as the seepage from these holes could make a way for the water, which would then accumulate in the attic. This dampness would later create favorable conditions for mold. Attic mold is usually the result of seepage and hence home owners must pay special attention to the ventilation and piping of their homes.
- Mold growth in attic can easily be suppressed through proper ventilation. This is perhaps the easiest of fixes for mold growth and all you need to do is ensure proper ventilation. Since air movement stops the way for dampness therefore you must pay special attention to attic ventilation.
- Don’t forget to check ventilation from warm air sources, as the air circulation of warm and cold air has to be in complete equilibrium in order to ensure proper ventilation. Warm air vents should be kept outside the main structure so that the inner environment could be saved from dampness.
We use most efficient and cost effective industry proven techniques. We begin with a visual inspection of your roof sheets and insulation, which helps us in determining the severity of mold activity. Upon the basis of inspection we deploy soda blasting, dry ice, and peracetic acid to free your attic of mold. We use environment friendly products and adhere to best industrial practice thus ensuring customer satisfaction.
Our Ultimate Attic mold removal procedure
The purpose of this remediation is to remove mold from impacted sheathing materials within attic space i.e. plywood, plank, plywood in the while maintaining a clean and safe environment in the remainder of the premises.
- SET UP A POLY CONTAINMENT BARRIER/S OR PLACEMENT OF DROP SHEETS AROUND & BELOW THE SURROUNDING ATTIC HATCH.
- FULL INSPECTION OF ATTIC FOR POTENTIAL AIR FLOW BLOCKAGES WHICH INCLUDE PULLING BACK INSULATION TO CREATE PROPER AIR FLOW TO BEST OF OUR ABILITY.
- REMOVAL OF MOLD FROM THE IMPACTED SHEATHING/S IN THE ATTIC WITH A PERACETIC ACID COMPOUND.
- REMOVAL OF THIN WOOD PANELING THROUGHOUT ATTIC
- THOROUGH SPRAY AND SCRUB OF “FULL ATTIC”
- PROCESS WILL TAKE APPROX.. 4HOURS
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER, BEFORE & AFTER IMAGES ALSO INCLUDING A “CLEARANCE LETTER” SIGNED BY A CERTIFIED MOLD INSPECTOR IN ACCORDANCE TO THE ONTARIO MOLD STANDARDS, WILL BE GIVEN UPON COMPLETION OF WORK
Frequently Asked Questions
Improve the airflow at your house to warrant that there is proper ventilation.
Ensure all household surfaces are clean and dry at all times to reduce chances of mold to grow.
Similarly, if there are any leaks, repair them on time and monitor your rooms and spaces regularly.
Take measures against having a damp environment at home.